- It is known that if is 4-edge-connected, then its line graph is hamiltonian.
- Thomassen's is a special case of a conjecture due to Matthews and Sumner: every 4-connected claw-free graph is hamiltonian.
- However, by a result of Ryjacek [R] conjectures of Thomassen and of Matthews and Sumner are equivalent.
- Moreover [R], one may restrict to 4-connected line graphs of triangle-free graphs.
[R] Zdenek Ryjacek: On a closure concept in claw-free graphs. J. Combin. Theory Ser. B 70 (1997), no. 2, 217--224, MathSciNet
*[T] Carsten Thomassen, Reflections on graph theory, J. Graph Theory 10 (1986) 309-324, MathSciNet
* indicates original appearance(s) of problem.